All fishers, fresh and sea, need licences, even for collecting bait. Licence must be carried and produced on demand.
$6.00 for 48 hours
$12.00 for 28 days
$24.50 for 1 year
$66.00 for 3 years
Under 18, seniors card holders, 70+ years, carers, pensioners free
Licences & Bait are available from the following:
- Warrnambool Visitor Information Centre, 89 Merri St (Licence only)
- East Warrnambool Milkbar (O'Leary's), Cnr Flaxman & Nicholson Sts (Licence & Bait)
- K-mart, 150 Raglan Parade (Licence Only)
- Hopkins River Caravan Park, 125 Jubilee Park Road (Licence & Bait)
- Hopkins River Milk Bar, 8 Hopkins Road (Licence & Bait)
- Warrnambool Holiday Park, Cnr Raglan Parade & Simpson Street (Licence & Bait)
- Ray's Outdoors, Raglan Parade (Online fishing Licence only & Bait)
- Daktari Dive Shop, 453 Raglan Parade (Licence only)
- Apco Service Sttion, 485 Raglan Parade (Bait only)
- Department of Primary Industry (Online Licence only)
- Warrnambool Beach Backpackers, 17 Stanley St (Licence, bait, & tackle).
Ahhh the tall tales that are shared after a fishing expedition from the ones that got away, to the reason that the ones that were caught aren’t bigger. There is nothing more relaxing (some may say frustrating) than dropping in a line and watching the world go by as you wait for the fish to bite.
See what’s biting off the breakwater, fish from the beach or maybe try the fresh waters of the Hopkins or Merri Rivers. For boat fishing, launching ramps are available at the Breakwater, Hopkins River or Merri River.
If you are lucky (or skilled) enough you may hook some of the seasonal favourites like Snapper, Salmon, Mulloway, Bream, Mullet, Brown Trout, Whiting, Yellowtail King Fish, Blue Fin Tuna, Trevally and Estuary Perch. When you tell your story, feel free to embellish. It wouldn’t be a true fishing tale otherwise!