21 April 2019
KIDS FREE this School Holidays A Flagstaff Hillby I AM WARRNAMBOOL
Day on the Hill, Flagstaff Hill’s annual Easter celebration in Warrnambool is back again in 2019 with a huge line-up of family fun. Here are 6 reasons why you can’t miss this amazing family event on Easter Sunday, 21st April, 10.30am – 3pm.
1. The Biggest Egg Hunt on the Great Ocean Road!
Last year we stocked the village with 4,000 chocolate eggs which created quite a stir! This year we've listened to your feedback and organised a 10,000 chocolate egg scavenger hunt! To collect your eggs follow a fun penguin puzzle around the village and once complete, a set of yummy eggs will be at the last checkpoint? The Penguin Egg Hunt is run by Coastcare Landcare Conservation Group, a gold coin donation is required to enter with all funds going to the Middle Island Penguin Project. How sweet is that!
2. Does Local Live Music Tickle Your Fancy?
Who doesn't love local live music?! With so many live local acts performing all over the Village, it's impossible not to find something you like! Headlining the event is Mick Ferguson, the popular local performer who will have us all moving and grooving to our favorite covers! If you haven't attended an event at Flagstaff Hill before, it's the perfect setting to relax on the natural amphitheater of the hill with a picnic rug or chair, as you take in tunes and gorgeous views. New in 2019 as part of the Warrnambool Easter Arts Festival, which runs for the entire month of April, you will find musical acts around the Village including 'Eureka Smith', 'Lim and Dilley Families' and 'A Sting Quartet with Chris Philpott'. Music to your ears!
3. A BIG Line-up of Fun Family Activities!
Why is Day on the Hill the best place for Families on Easter Sunday? The BIG line up of fun family activities - that's why! As always, Day on the Hill gives families the chance to make their own crafts including their own Easter basket, as well as the return of the animal petting zoo and face paining. This year however, the family activities have grown - literally! Novelty games like giant 'Connect Four' And 'Guess Who' as well as the 'Giant Foam Blocks' will be on site for BIG fun!
4. Food Glorious Food!
Food will not be in short supply with a wide array of local food stall setting up shop in the Village as well as the Village building's open for business. The newly opened Mrs Kucks Confectionery will be serving sweet treats and the 1870's style Stella Marris Tearooms will be serving Devonshire Tea with scones and gourmet toasties! For the thirsty Mums and Dads the Steam Packet Inn pub will be serving refreshments and hosting beer tastings from Sow & Piglets Brewery from Port Campbell. A little big of something for absolutely everyone!
5. Blast from the past!
It wouldn't be a Flagstaff Hill event without a historical twist! The Warrnambool Garrison Crew will be holding four activation's throughout the day including the "disappearing gun', the medium ' Field Gun', the 'Martini-Henry Rifle' and the grand firing of the 80 pound cannon. Journey back in time with the Garrison Crew in full costume and character. Take part in this fun theatrical display by marching with the crew to the fortifications and counting down to the almighty blast!
6. Kids are FREE!
ALL this entertainment and kids are free! Up to 5 kids gain free entry with a paying adult to Day on the Hill. With Adult tickets costing just $18 each you'd be hard pressed to find better value for money! If you love a bargain check out the Flagstaff Hill membership options. A Family VIP membership gets the whole family entry to every Flagstaff Hill event including Day on the Hill, New Years on the Hill and the Chill on the Hill event series, unlimited day entry, and unlimited entry to 'Tales of the Shipwreck Coast' Sound & Light Show when you bring a paying guest, plus a range of exclusive discounts.
- You can bring a picnic, a blanket or chair for the Village Green and maybe a jacket maybe if its a cool day
- There is ATM located in the Visitor Centre. Some food vendors may have EFTPOS facilities available, so we advise you to bring cash on site to avoid disappointment
- Collect your wristbands in the prior days to the the event to avoid queues on the day
- Remember to share and tag you Day on the Hill fun with the official hashtag #flagstaffhillmaritimevillage
- Stay up to date by joining the facebook event
Terms & Conditions
- No BYO Alcohol
- This is a rain, hail or shine event
- Wrist Bands - These can be collected from the Flagstaff Hill reception once tickets have been purchased prior to the day, or at the Flagstaff Hill reception desk on the day
- Maximum 5 children free with one paying adult
- Free tickets for children aged 15 years and younger
- Adult tickets $18, Concession tickets $14.50, Additional Child $5.95