About the listing
State Champions Week is an annual event that brings the best bowlers from all 16 regions together to showcase the sport.
State Champions Week is the pinnacle of Championship Bowls in Victoria, and region winners have the chance to represent Victoria at a national level at the Australian Championships & the Australian Champion of Champions events.
Events that are contested are Singles, Pairs, Mixed Pairs, Triples and Fours events, together with the prestigious Champion of Champions Singles events.
The State Champions of Champion Singles winner can progress to a world title. The event also attracts Bowls Australia ranking points.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia).
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids).
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.