Beachfest: 10 Reasons to visit Warrnambool this Summerby I AM WARRNAMBOOL
Set on the Warrnambool Foreshore and surrounds, Beachfest is an incredible family event offering a range of (mostly free) beachside activities from the 27th December to Australia Day.
From beach sports to creative workshops – there’s something for everyone! Here are ten things to look forward to at Beachfest 2020:
- Sand Sculpting - One of our most popular activities! Professional sand sculptors will teach you the secrets of this amazing art form in this drop-in workshop.
- Artists in Residence - Working with views from the foreshore promenade, local artists will take up residence creating a range of works on site and will introduce you to the techniques of their crafts.
- Beach Yoga and Sensory Meditation - Join the revolution of wellness with a yoga class or a guided sensory meditation, designed to settle your thoughts and help unravel knots of tension in your body.
- Kite Making and Flying Workshops - Join professional kite flyers as they explore the science behind how a kite stays afloat, how different shapes of kites catch the wind, and how kites have been used around the world. To finish, make and decorate your own kite and launching it into the sky.
- The Nature Bus - A first of its kind in Australia, The Nature Bus provides nature-based learning and play programs. The Nature Bus will be running fun ocean themed craft activities such as making clay sea animals and building sand globes.
- Warrnambool Art Gallery presents NGV Kids on Tour - A National Gallery of Victoria initiative that offers children and families throughout regional Victoria the opportunity to engage with art and creativity through a range of free hands-on activities and workshops.
- Night Markets and Twilight Movies - Lake Pertobe comes alive on Friday evenings with a unique evening of shopping and dining. A vast array of stalls, food and free live music combine to create a great night out. As night falls stroll down to Warrnambool’s twilight cinema and enjoy a movie beneath the stars.
- Summer Sew and Beeswax Wraps - Summer sew is a pop-up sewing station where you can make your own beach bag, swim bag, shopping bag or a denim jean bag. In our Beeswax Wrap workshop and you'll learn how to make your very own Beeswax Food Wraps, a new skill to take you a step closer to living more sustainably.
- Making Music with Tom Richardson - Join Tom for two exciting musical workshops. Channel your inner John Lennon, Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran in an introduction to song writing workshops for kids. Or bring the beat in our ‘Drum Circle for All’ session. All ages & abilities welcome!
- Come and Try Beach Sports - Fun interactive introduction sessions to various sports and activities including cricket, soccer and ultimate Frisbee. Learn new skills, have fun and make new friends. Sessions will be led by experienced facilitators.
For full events schedule and details click here!