COVID Recovery // Tourism Update
Q. Can you provide more clarity around what marketing and promotions Warrnambool has planned?
Right now we will be using social media ads to target regional cities, directing them to our spring content that features COVID safe activities to do in Warrnambool, which then directs them to search/book accommodations and attractions. (We will encourage our audience to book directly with operators).
Soon, GORRT will introduce a range of campaigns to be rolled out at different stage of the road map:
- 'Great Sleepover - wake up to Warrnambool' (launching after the school holidays)
'Makers and Creators' (leveraging Click for Vic)
'52 Great Weekends'
Please see the downloadable slides and recording below for greater detail.
The Great Sleepover campaign overview is 23.10 minutes into the record, jump to it here.
Q. How does this help Warrnambool specifically?
Warrnambool will feature in the Great Ocean Road TVC's, print and digital ads, itineraries, blogs and other content.
A Warrnambool, Port Fairy and Portland collaborative feature video and blog directed to Melbournians via Urban List.
There will be Warrnambool specific applications under the banners of the 3 previously named campaigns, including:
4 x Warrnambool specific postcard packs sent to every Warrnambool local registered with AusPost. Being the biggest population on the road, we can make the biggest impact by empowering locals and industry to invite their friends, family and repeat visitors from other parts of Victoria.
Warrnambool specific Industry Toolkit - full of professionally created itineraries, photos, videos, messaging and more that only promote Warrnambool. We ask all industry members to push this out on your channels at the same time to create the biggest impact. (More info to come). To request that your business is featured in this content please contact email@example.com.
We are investing heavily in SEM (Search Engine Marketing) to ensure this digital content ranks highly in google searches and in the social media feeds of targeted audiences. Again this digital content will direct them to search/book accommodations and attractions.
There will be Warrnambool specific 'add-ons' which will most likely include but not be limited to a Warrnambool only feature with Urban List which will include videos, blogs and target marketing from a platform that has a large and engaged Melbourne audience.
- There will be a Warrnambool specific feature EDM (Electronic Direct Mail / Newsletter) sent from Holidays With Kids Magazine
- There will be a Warrnambool specific feature EDM (Electronic Direct Mail / Newsletter) sent from Let's Go Kids Magazine
- We are talking to travel TV shows that have had to delay their filming due to COVID - TBC.
- The Events team are working on the Warrnambool Business Event Guide to attract more business events to Warrnambool that will drive accommodation, venue hire, attractions, hospitality and retail. To be included please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WATCH THE VIRTUAL UPDATE HERE:
Thank you to everyone who attended our first ever virtual update on Tuesday 15th September. We are looking for ways to make these virtual sessions more interactive and valuable moving forward, your feedback is appreciated.
TOURISM INDUSTRY NEWSLETTER
DOWNLOAD THE SLIDES:
STORYTOWNS STREET ART PODCAST TOUR