WE ARE STORYTELLERS
I AM WARRNAMBOOL, Warrnambool's offical tourism brand, is nothing without our partners. So thank you for all the work you do that impacts the Warrnambool Visitor Economy.
This page contains helpful tools for you to boost your business and better service your customers. If you have collaborative ideas for content, campaigns and events - please reach out.
We are all storytellers. This summer we are owning our story as a cosmopolitan city by the sea. Where thanks to our diverse offering - holiday regret is real. Here's how you can avoid it.
Are you or your visitors looking for Summer Holiday Inspiration? Head to www.iamwarrnambool.com.au/summer
I AM AN EVENTS DESTINATION
Research shows that events create the urgency that motivates people to travel to regional Victoria. I AM WARRNAMBOOL is committed to promoting a dynamic mix of events throughout the year that continually provide Victorians with the motive to visit.
PROMOTING YOUR EVENTS:
List your event with
List your event with
|Registration Time||10-15 minutes||3 minutes|
|Distribution||Statewide: Victoria||Local: Warrnambool Region|
ACE Radio (Weekly)
Industry Newsletters (Fortnightly)
Customer Newsletters (Quarterly)
Publication: Out & About (Quarterly)
Community: Warrnambool Connect
Social Media: I AM WARRNAMBOOL
Print: Visitor Information Centre
|Link||Register your event here||Register your event here|
- Even if your event is a small or sell-out
- ATDWListings require images without text or logos
|- Register at least 2 months prior event
- Send us your facebook event for social sharing
SPREADING THE WORD:
Provide your customers with the most up to date events information by sharing this link www.iamwarrnambool.com.au/events - there you will always find up to date information on the events occurring in the next 2 months.
- Share the link regularly on you social media channels
- Send this information to visitors before they arrive and at check in for the best visiting experience
|Download your I AM WARRNAMBOOL Events Wall Planner - or come and pick up a printed A2 Copy from the Visitor Information Centre - and please send us your feedback!|
I AM SUMMER EVENTS
The I AM WARRNAMBOOL Summer Events Guide is an easy to follow, pocket size booklet of all Warrnambool's Summer Events and Activities with an Attraction Passport to tick off the must do summer experiences. The guide will be distributed to the region in December 2018.
The guide can also be downloaded in late November when you subscribe to the I AM WARRNAMBOOL Seasonal Mailing list. Sign up here.
To include your event in this free publication contact us as soon as possible.
Confirmed Major Events include:
- Warrnambool Gift, Reid Oval, December 1
- Jericho Cup, Warrnambool Racecourse, December 2
- Christmas Markets, Civic Green December 2 & 23
- Premiere Speedway, December 2, 15, 29, January 1, 6, 18-20, February 21-23
- Carols on the Green, Civic Green, December 21
- BeachFest, December 28 – January 26
- Summer Night Markets, Lake Pertobe, December 28, January 4, 11, 18, 25
- New Years on the Hill, Flagstaff Hill, December 31
- New Years Eve Celebrations, Pavilion Café Bare, December 31
- Mac’s Hotel Woodford Cup, Warrnambool Racecourse, December 31
- New Years Eve Fireworks, Warrnambool Breakwater, December 31
- Chill on the Hill, Flagstaff Hill, January 2, 9, 16 & 23
- Friday Night Movies, Lake Pertobe January, 4 & 11
- Shipwreck Coast Fishing Classic, January 4 -12
- Surf T Surf Fun Run, January 6
- Coastal Jam Music Festival, Laneway Bar, January 6
- Country Week Tennis, January 8-10
- Southern Right Creative Festival, January 11-13
- Australia Day in the Gardens, Botanical Gardens, January 26
- Wunta Fiesta, February 1-3
- Sungold Field Days, February 13-15
- Melbourne to Warrnambool Cycling Race, February 16
I AM THE FUTURE
Augmented Reality! Here's how it works:
(You’ll need the facebook ap, internet connection and I AM WARRNAMBOOL Map)
STEP 1: SCAN
iPhones: Hover your camera over this QR code
Non-iPhones: Hover your facebook camera or a QR reader ap over this QR code.
STEP 2: SHOOT
The prompts will take you to your Facebook Camera, hover the camera over the image on the front of the Map.
STEP 3: SOUND ON
Turn the sound on (top left button) to start the video. This may take a few seconds to load.
Move your phone around as the video plays to zoom in and out, try turning your phone horizontal for the best view. Share it with a friend!